Monday, September 1, 2014

I'm Thinking About Retiring From Blogging


I'm seriously thinking about retiring from blogging. I planned to write on this blog forever, but now I'm not so sure...

You may not believe this, but I get as much hate mail as I do fan mail. I get it from chicks who find themselves personally offended by the things I've written on my blog. I get it from black men who find themselves offended that a black woman would be a proud lesbian. I get it from chicks who can't get it through their heads that I'm not interested. I get it from whites, who somehow or the other find it unbelievable that a black person would vocalize any hatred towards them. I get it from heterosexuals, and homophobic assholes who can't accept homosexuality. I get it from fat chicks who find themselves offended that I'm not into fat chicks. I get it from studs who find themselves offended that I'm not into studs.

Bottom line: This crap is tiresome. 

I generally don't give a shit what anyone thinks, but I'm at the point now where I just don't have the patience to fight these battles anymore. 

Other than quitting...the only other answer is to make my blog private...invitation only. 

Maybe it's time to get off this train. I've had this blog since 2009, which is longer than I ever expected to keep it up. These days I'm more interested in pursuing my entrepreneurial endeavors. I just don't think I have the energy for this blog anymore. 

When/if I decide to cut the cord I will let you know...
Related Posts with Thumbnails