Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Computer Programming


I recently became interested in computer programming. Why? Because I have an AMAZING idea that can full-fill a need that is not currently being addressed. I'm convinced this idea is going to make me a great deal of money. In fact, I think it will make me a multimillionaire.

I have the money and I have the time. 

What I don't have is the skills to do the damn thing!

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish I had studied something more practical in college rather than Political Science (something I have yet to use in my life). I always thought I should have studied computer science (or English). However, the thought of taking any advanced math classes scared me. I barely passed the ONE math class I was required to take. Even still, computers have always fascinated me. 

Well now I need some major skills to create the online website/business/social network I have in my head. I thought about hiring someone to create my vision, but I quickly changed my mind. I've heard stories of web designers stealing ideas and making them their own. By all accounts Mark Zuckerberg stole the idea for Facebook. I won't let this bullshit happen to me. Even if I offered said web designer 5% of my company there is no guarantee they won't try to steal it or claim it as their own.

The only way to ensure that my idea STAYS my idea is learning to build my own website. It may take me a while, but I have time. I planning to post an ad for a tutor/instructor on all the local college campuses. I know a broke computer science major will jump at the opportunity to teach me for the money I'm offering. In the meantime, I'm going to hire a lawyer to patent my idea. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Related Posts with Thumbnails