Sunday, June 8, 2014

Young Gifted & Black...With No Opportunities In Sight


***Note: I was in the middle of writing this blog prior to getting the phone call from my dad to let me know that my grandma died. The blog was never published or finished. It was saved as a draft on my blogger account. I decided to go ahead and publish it because it shows exactly where my mind was prior to getting that call...

There are several college graduates in my family. Yet you wouldn't know it if you observed what these black college graduates do for a living. I have a cousin who has a masters degree. Yet she still lives at home with her parents and works a low paying job as a preschool teacher. I have another cousin with a bachelor degree who lives at home with his mom. He pushes beds around at the local hospital. On the flip side of this, his younger brother dropped out of college, drives the brown truck for UPS and makes $63,000 a year. 

This thing we call LIFE is not fair. 

I get angry every time I think about the piss poor world my generation of African Americans inherited. We often struggle to get half of what white people have with twice the education. It's harder for us to accumulate half the wealth they have even though we often find ourselves working twice as hard to get our foots in the door and prove ourselves worthy of the opportunity. It's harder for us to get loans for decent homes. It's harder for us to put ourselves through school. It's harder for us live and exist period....and it makes me angry as motherfucking hell. 

I'm sick of watching hard working black people not get anywhere in life. It's wasn't too long ago that I was one of those people. My grandmother was one of those people. My aunts are some of those people. Since about my entire family fits in that category. These are people who actually DID what they were supposed to do (i.e., sought education, married, no children out of wedlock) but still find themselves at the bottom of totem pole. 

I want to do something to help...

I've thought about robbing a bank. Yes, I'm serious. I've actually thought about pulling a Set It Off, but in a different way. I used to work for a major bank. I know everything there is to know about walking off with the bank's money and NEVER getting caught. I know how to commit fraud without getting caught. I know how to take over people's account. I know how to steal their debit card numbers. I know how steal their money from their accounts. I know how to do this...and I never have to set one foot inside of a bank to do it. 

Now if only I had the courage to do it...

In my mind I would be fucking over a system that continues to fuck us, black people, over. If any group of people has just cause to rob and steal from corporate America it is black people. This particular bank in my mind was a participant in slavery and Jim Crow. I don't give a solid fuck about robbing the hell out of the bank. As far as I'm concerned it's been a long time coming. 

Maybe I should sell my knowledge of this bank to a terrorist organization or something. I'll sell this shit to Bin Laden's homeboys and use the funds to take care of my family. That would be poetic justice for their asses...
Related Posts with Thumbnails