Saturday, May 17, 2014

This Is Depressing...


I've been looking for a cool urban cafe (preferably one with a large BLACK lesbian following) where I can chill and work on Sweat. I can't find it here in Atlanta. The places I have found are small boring  establishments owned by white hipsters. They tend to cater to white people in every regard. Periodically, these businesses have a spoken word night and a black crowd shows up. 

I'm looking for a lounge where I can just chill, mingle, and relax with other black lesbians. I'm convinced this place doesn't exist in Atlanta, and if it does I haven't seen it. 

I'm looking for a joint like the one off of Love Jones where the cool Bohemian black people hang out and recite poetry as slow sultry jazz/blues plays in the background...


I'm looking for a joint that serves coffee but can also offer me some soul food....I mean some catfish, cornbread, collard greens, chicken, sweet potatoe pie etc....


In addition to a live jazz/blues band....I'm looking for a place that plays old school R&B/Soul/Funk...and not pop, rock or the watered down shit we have today....




The place I just described doesn't exist. 

Maybe someone is trying to tell me I should be the person to establish it. The question then becomes where will I get the money to start such a business? I have to purchase a building (or rent it), renovate the building, hire a manager, hire staff etc. I can't imagine something like this would be cheap. Perhaps I can raise the money through donations, but would black lesbians get behind the idea? Would they donate?

I want your opinion on this topic. Would you donate to help establish a business like the one I described catering to black lesbians (and I guess all people interested in this type of setting)? Hit the poll below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails