Friday, May 2, 2014

Getting My Shit Together....


This morning I drove home because my dad called me yesterday to tell me my grandmother has been given 3-7 days to live. I came home to say good-bye, but grandma is unresponsive. I'm sad as hell right now, but I've accepted the inevitable. 

Upon arriving at hospice my mom, dad, aunts and cousins all looked at me and said "Your hips are spreading." 

I blushed because they didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. 

I've gained some weight and it makes me sick! My eating habits haven't changed. The thing driving the weight gain is the birth control I have been taking for the last 7 months. I started taking birth control to help control my period. My period is very heavy. Birth control helps, but it has side effects....weight gain being one of those side effects. 

I'm not about to sit around and watch my body go to shit. I'm going to stop taking the birth control and I'm going to get my ass in the gym. I just joined the gym that's 3 miles up the street from my apt. I plan to wake up at 7 am everyday, walk the 3 miles to the gym, do some weight training, and walk the 3 miles back to my apartment. Unless it rains, this will be my daily routine. 

I also plan to restart my "sugar free year" because my year hasn't exactly been sugar free. However, beginning Sunday May 4, 2014 it will be completely sugar free. Nothing but baked meats, salads, and water for now on.

I will chronicle my quest to look my best on this blog. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails