Monday, May 12, 2014

A Deep Sense of Sadness


This morning I drove back to Atlanta. 

All day I've been feeling an incredible sense of sadness. It's almost like a black cloud is hanging over me. No doubt I'm feeling this way because grandma is no longer with us. She was the closest person to me.

I imagine this sense of sadness must follow everyone who has loss a parent or grandparent. 

Death is a hard thing to accept. It's a hard thing to understand. 

Grandma used to tell me, "We all gotta leave this world one day..."

I wish there was a way to prepare people for the death of those who leave.

I'm trying my best to go back to living my life, but it's hard. I can't sleep. My appetite is gone. I can't even focus. My mind keeps replaying memories of my grandma and her funeral. I feel like I'm in a daze.

I would like to sit down and work on the next chapter of Sweat, but again, I can't focus.

It's going to take some time before life seems normal again.
Related Posts with Thumbnails