Saturday, March 22, 2014

Taking Some Time Off...


I am taking some time off from blogging to focus my attention on Sweat. I haven't been focused as much as I would like because I have so much on my mind. Something has to change if I want to continue riding this wave of success with Sweat. So, I have decided to devote every waking hour to Sweat. I won't be posting any blogs while I'm spinning out the remainder of chapter two. When I return to this blog chapter two will be complete and for sale.

I am also applying for a daytime television writing fellowship (I think that's the right word) for CBS daytime (i.e., The Young & The Restless and The Bold & The Beautiful). 

Apparently, CBS is looking for talented writers from diverse backgrounds (i.e., minorities). Well, you can't get anymore diverse than me. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm a woman. Plus, I know more about The Young & The Restless and The Bold & The Beautiful than anyone I know. These two soaps have been apart of my life since I was 5 years old. I plan to knock my entry application out of the park. 

CBS is requesting a writing sample. Years ago I wrote the screenplay for the book that got me out of poverty...

The bestseller that emerged from my 19 year old brain.

It has sat on my computer ever since. 

I'm going to rewrite the script (have to whitewash it...for the white folks who will likely be the people evaluating the content), give it a new title and use it as a writing sample. 

The script is good. It is one of my best. The imaginary and screen direction is on point. Most importantly of all it screams DRAMA. It screams SOAP OPERA. I think this, combined with my diverse background, will make me a competitive candidate for the fellowship. 

Anyway, I'm on hiatus until further notice. If you want to chat or just say hello shoot me an email: lezintellect@gmail.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails