Monday, March 17, 2014

I Need & Want More...


I need and want more in my life...

I have an idea in my head for a romantic comedy loosely based on the brief love triangle I experienced with Yellow Bone and Chocolate (if you can even call it a love triangle). The plot I have in my head is funny, quirky, entertaining and something the world has never seen. In my head, it is a combination of the films Hav Plenty...


 And Love Jones...


Except my film will be about black lesbians.

I'm going to sit down and write the script, but I wonder if I'm just wasting my time thinking about a film. I would love to write and produce a film. It's always been my dream to write for television and film. However, I don't have the funds to finance a film completely on my own. 

If I am planning to produce a film I will need some investors or donations. From what I've read, it takes about 250K to make a quality indie film with good sound, lighting, professional (or semi-professional) actors, editing, etc. While I can imagine putting up part of that money, I certainly cannot afford all of it. So, my black lesbian romantic comedy will probably sit on a shelf until I find myself more successful in life....


Related Posts with Thumbnails