Thursday, March 6, 2014

Grandma...


Yesterday, grandma was moved to hospice where she is expected to die any day now. It is no longer a matter of six months. It is any day now. 

According to her doctors, she is suffering from kidney failure, her heart is weak, she has gangrene on her feet (and I just about passed the fuck out when I saw her feet...I swear to God I am going to look into suing that gawdamn nursing home where she was living), and her dementia is getting worse by the day. 

I've being crying off and on for days. 

It's hard to watch someone you love suffer. The doctor told us to make her last days comfortable. She seems happy in hospice. They are keeping the gangrene on her feet dry to keep it from spreading to the rest of her body.

I keep waking up and thinking today could be her last. The thought brings tears to my eyes.
Related Posts with Thumbnails