Friday, February 21, 2014

Sweat: Chapter One (A Lesbian Soap Opera)

Sweat by Lezintellect (http://diaryofablacklesbian.blogspot.com)

After weeks of writing and rewriting, Sweat: Chapter One is finally available!

I just uploaded chapter one to Amazon Kindle. Even though this chapter is FREE, I was forced to set a price of $1.00 in order to get it on Amazon Kindle. However, as soon as it becomes live I plan to offer it for $0.00. 

So, if you have an ipad, iphone, smartphone, kindle, tablet etc you can download chapter one free of charge onto your device using Amazon's app or their website. When chapter one becomes live on Amazon Kindle I will add a link to this blog post. 

If you want to download chapter one as a PDF onto your computer you can use Gumroad. Chapter one is also FREE on Gumroad.

Gumroad is the service I will use to distribute all future chapters of Sweat. Why? Because my royalty is higher using this service than with Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.

Rather than offer a subscription to Sweat, I've decided to offer it chapter by chapter. Why? Because my chapters run long. Some chapters may take longer to write than others. I don't want to feel rushed by subscribers of my content. I would rather sell chapter by chapter. 

Each chapter will be $1.00. 

If you're interested in downloading chapter one from Gumroad follow these instructions: 
  1. Click here to access chapter one on Gumroad.
  2. Scroll down and click on the green "I want this!" button.
  3. Do not enter your credit card information. Instead, skip down to the section that reads "Name a fair price."
  4. In the "name a fair price box" enter 0 (the fair price box and the credit card box appear by default even though chapter one is FREE. It's Gumroad's way of helping artist collect donations. I don't want any donations. So, just enter 0. The credit card box should disappear once you enter 0).
  5. Put in your email address and click the "get" button. 
  6. You should receive a message that reads: "We'll email your PDF shortly." Please notice the "Facebook" and "Twitter" buttons. Use them to share chapter one with your friends, family, etc. 
  7. Check your email. Chapter one should be there!
 In exchange for downloading my work, I ask that you do something for me...
  • Share this post with your friends and family. You encourage me to keep writing. So, the more people jumping on board...the better. Use Facebook and Twitter to share this post and my page on Gumroad (here).
  • Also, please take my one question survey about your thoughts on chapter one (Here)
Sidenote: Odessa (the chick with the eyepatch) looks good as hell in this illustration. I can't believe this chick fell out of my imagination! I swear if she was real...

***Edit 2/22/14: If you want to get chapter one FREE through Amazon you can now. Please note it will only be free on Amazon for the next five days. Amazon will not let me keep it free. So, if you want it on your tablet, phone, etc go get it NOW. Here is the link.
Related Posts with Thumbnails