Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Grandma...Sigh


Today is my grandma's birthday. She turned 86 years old. I called home to tell my dad to wish grandma a happy birthday for me. I can't tell her myself because she is in a nursing home, and she doesn't have a phone. My aunt gave me the number to the nursing home, but I don't want to bother the staff. I find it hard to understand what grandma is saying over the phone. Due to her condition, she is constantly talking in circles. So, I decided against calling the nursing home.

I wish I was home but I'm stuck in Atlanta. The entire state of Georgia is shut down due to the ice, snow, rain mix we are getting. It is impossible to travel home on Georgia's highways under these conditions. 

When I called home my dad informed me that grandma has been given six months to live. My heart dropped. I'm not surprised. I knew it was coming, but I wish I was home. As soon as the roads clear I plan to drive home and stay for a while.
Related Posts with Thumbnails