Sunday, February 16, 2014

Angry Citizen Enterprises, LLC


Your favorite writer is about to become a business owner...finally! 

After speaking with my accountant about my taxes and my future endeavors we both agreed it's in my best interest to become a legal business entity. A limited liability corporation suits my needs. All future royalties and income from writing will go into my business account instead of my personal account. Material things such as the new Apple desktop computer I'm planning to buy can be written off as a "business expense" come tax season. 

I've decided to call my new business Angry Citizen Enterprises. Why? Because I'm angry as hell. I'm so angry that I've decided to be the change I want to see. I'm so angry I have declared I will never again work for someone WHITE. So, Angry Citizen works. 

I added the word enterprises because I have several interest. I hope to produce and write films one day. I hope to create some type of weekly or monthly publication soon. All of these ventures will fall under Angry Citizen Enterprises.

I owe most of my new ideas about business to the late Civil Rights icon, Booker T. Washington. I can honestly say this man, above all others, has given black America a blueprint for success. He had it right a long time ago. Black people should stop looking to integrate into white society. We should tell whites to go to hell, and demand they leave us the fuck alone. We should work on developing skilled trades and businesses that will aid in our collective survival and economic independence.

I'm currently reading the book pictured above and I feel so enlightened by Mr. Washington. My mind has opened to the reality that I was once brainwashed into believing that a simple college education was the ticket to success. I was brainwashed into believing I was amongst the so-called "talented tenth." 

What a load of bullshit! 

I now see myself for what I am: A gay black woman caught in the clutches of white racist patriarchal society. This is a society that doesn't want to see black people advance period....whether educated or not. 

Rather than be "a mule for the world" (thank you Zora Neale Hurston), I've decided to give this world my ass to kiss. I'm doing for myself. I'm not a millionaire yet, but believe me, I will get there one day. 

Get ready for Angry Citizen Enterprises.
Related Posts with Thumbnails