Friday, January 17, 2014

Trying To Woo Chocolate...


This morning Chocolate road with me to Wal-Mart. During the ride Robert Flack & Donny Hathaway's The Closer I Get To You began to play on my mp3 player. I told Chocolate that I think about her whenever I hear the song. She gave me a smile, but she didn't comment. To emphasize my point, I began singing Donny Hathaway's lyrics while staring at her (Donny Hathaway's lyrics are my favorite part of the song)...

Over and over again
I tried to tell myself that we
Could never be more than friends
And all the while inside
I knew it was real
The way you make me feel...

 Ooooh-ooh-ooh, whoa-oooooh
Sweeter and sweeter love grows
And Heaven's there for those
Who fooled the tricks of time
With the hearts of love they find
True love in a special way...

 Over and over again
I tried to tell myself that we
Could never be more than friends
And all the while inside I knew it was real
The way you make me feel...

 The closer I get to you
The feeling comes over me
Me too
Pulling closer sweet as the gravity 

When the song ended I gently kissed Chocolate on the cheek. It takes a special woman to make me bust out in song. I swear one of these days...
Related Posts with Thumbnails