Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Survey Results Part Two


4. Are you open to lesbians with children? If no, please explain why not. 

  •  No, I have once before. I understand you have to accept the lady plus her kids but there was a lot of accommodating involved. Second, there were constant issues surrounded by the father.
  • No, not at this time in my life. The responsibility of shaping a child's life has always terrified me. So if I were to be with a woman that has children, it isn't a relationship I would enter frivolously. If the relationship
  • No, not at this time in my life. The responsibility of shaping a child's life has always terrified me. So if I were to be with a woman that has children, it isn't a relationship I would enter frivolously. If the relationship were to end, it wouldn't be just my ex & I breaking up; leaving the life of a child I have grown to love and care for is a heartbreak I wouldn't want to bear.
  • Not at this point in my life. I'm still young and would like to accomplish more goals/aspirations before children come into the picture.
  •  No I'm not because i want to be with someone who will be experiencing mother hood the same time i do.
  •  Absolutely, yes. The more the merrier. I don't assume a woman is bi just because she has a kid. There would have to be other factors involved in deciding against children- otherwise children are good.
  • Yes
  • I love kid's so one would be ok.
  •  Yes, I have one child.
  • Yes
  •  I am open, but i prefer those without kids. Many people with kids don't know how to balance dating and their home life.
  • Yes
  • Yes. I have 3 teenagers
  • Not sure
  • I would not prefer it, however if she had one I might be able to let it slide.
  • I think this is a difficult question. I wouldn't prefer it, but I think it depends how old she is, how old her child is, when she had the baby, by who, etc
  •  No, I'm not ready for that responsibility.
  •  This is honestly a hard question to answer, but I would say no. I feel like going into a relationship with children is very difficult regardless of the sex of the people. With lesbians who have children, there are questions in my mind as to whether this person is really gay and if I am just filling the boo spot until another dude comes along. It seems like nowadays many women date men, have their babies, get tired of the men and then up and decide that she wants to be a lesbian.
  • Preferably not, children complicate things.
  • Hell no been there done that. I feel the mother feel guilty that she like another woman, she allow those little brats get away with murder. I am no one mother or father.. Sooo don't call me that..
  • No. Tried it once. Didn't think she was a good mother. Wouldn't want her raising our children if we had some together. Plus, I'd like to experience parenthood as a team. Also, as a someone who once dated men (long ago), I feel that it's easy NOT to get pregnant (birth control) and I tend to judge those who were irresponsible enough to have children when they weren't really ready and/or they were not planning on them. Also, baby daddies add another dynamic to relationships I'd rather avoid
  •  No, I want to start my own family with my partner. Having children with your partner is a beautiful and humbling experience. When I do get to that step with my partner, I want us to share that moment for the FIRST time together.
  • No. I do not have any children and do not have the patience for them. I feel too young and inexperienced for the responsibly.

5. Do you want to marry? If so, how important is the race of your spouse (i.e., do you exclusively prefer your own race)? 

  •  I prefer black or biracial (mixed with black). I am open to marriage.
  •  Yes, I would like to get married. I'm mostly attracted to black women, but I am open to dating (or marrying) a woman of another race/nationality.
  •  Yes. Not very, as explained in question 2.
  •  Yes i want to get married and i prefer my own African American race because not enough of us are together. Our culture is so mixed up.
  •  Yes, in my fantasy world I would want to marry a black woman. Race is critically important to me. It's bad enough tolerating my white FaceBook friends. I will never have a white person in my bed again. They are all racist (but they don't realize it) and they can't be taught. Although I would prefer black, I might consider Indian, Latino or Middle Eastern - but not white.
  • Eventually yes. Race doesn't matter as long as the person can identify and respect my identity as a Black lesbian.
  • Yes!! Race is important and I do prefer my own race or a race that aligns with my race.
  • Race is a very important factor, would not marry outside of my race.
  • I would love to marry my soul mate. I think self-identification, class and political views are more important than race and ethnicity.
  • I want to marry and I really want a black woman. Although black women have too many rules and one-sided standards. Maybe I will find her.
  • I would love to be married, I prefer someone of my own race....it's no longer mandatory.
  •  No. Been there done that. I like my space and I tend to retreat a lot so I need my own bat cave
  •  I love black women, doesn't mean I'm not open to try something else but black women possess a certain something I'm attracted to
  • I do want to get married and finding a black lesbian is very much a necessity!
  • I want to marry. I would prefer a black person or someone mixed with black.
  • Yes, honestly it's not that important. If she is of another race and fits the bill then I'm cool with that.
  •  I absolutely want to marry and race is important because I only want a black woman.
  •  I prefer my own race
  •  Yes I would love to get marry. Its at the top of my list to be with a beautiful black woman.
  • Yes. I prefer black women. I'd say it's rather important. I've date 1 white woman and it ended because we weren't really compatible and one of the inconsistencies was our views on race related issues. She couldn't identify and I didn't like that.
  • Yes, I do want to marry one day. I would prefer for my partner to be black. This is something that is very important to me because there is nothing like being with a black woman. There's a sacred bond I have with women of my own race that I have yet to experience with another race.
  • Eventually I do want to marry but it's way too early to even think about that . I would love to marry another kind black woman but all a keep encountering is angry hood rat women. I thought about dating white or Asian girls but they aren't usually interested in me.
Related Posts with Thumbnails