Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Snow Day In Georgia!

Blackjack in the snow

I know I promised to post the other survey results today but that's not happening. Why? Because it's snowing in Georgia right now. I didn't even know it was supposed to snow today. I woke up and I found Blackjack covered in snow.

I wasn't planning to go anywhere today, but Chocolate called me because she ran out of gas about a mile from my apartment while on her way home from work. She was stuck in traffic for four hours and ran out of gas on the highway. 

Chocolate doesn't have AAA or Allstate and Hero (Atlanta's highway help force) is backed out because of all the accidents on the road. So, she called me. 

Georgia completely shuts down when it snows, which is not very often. People can't drive and the state doesn't have the resources to deal with this type of weather. Apparently, this thing caught everyone by surprise. Right now we are in a state of emergency. It is a disaster. School buses are stuck on the side of the road without any gas. People are stuck on the road because the snow has turned into ice. Kids are still stuck at school, accidents are all over the road, traffic is backed out. 

When Chocolate called me I hesitated. I have never even driven in the snow...that's how often we get it here. Nonetheless, I went outside and heated up Blackjack. Twenty minutes later I made my way into traffic on 285.  I came across Chocolate freezing her ass off on the side of the road in her car. She hurried up and got in and we sat in traffic for two hours. 

I just got back home thirty minutes ago. Chocolate is sitting in front of the heat in my studio and I'm about to make her some hot chocolate. I wrapped a blanket around her. She will be spending the night. I gave her an old Spelman t-shirt to sleep in tonight. I don't suspect anything will happen, but I'm glad I was able to help her.

Here are some more pictures....

A neighbor's car

Plants near my patio

The dog park across the way


*Bonus pic...I found this on my camera....

Blackjack's front headlight
Related Posts with Thumbnails