Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Creative Juices Are Flowing


Now that I have my own spot to post premium content I've decided to revisit an idea I wrote about a little less than two years ago. On that particular post I described a desire to create the content I want to watch and read. I described a desire to create a soap opera featuring smart, non-stereotypical, well-rounded, career driven black lesbians, who more closely resemble my reality. Now that I have a website to post content that requires a subscription I want to move forward with this idea.

I am a huge soap opera fan. I've been watching soaps since I was five years old and I've never stopped. My grandmother introduced me to soap operas. I've been hooked ever since. Even as a college student I used to schedule my classes around my soaps. Though the genre is a shadow of its former self, I am still a loyal fan (albeit...not always a happy fan). 

I still remember when The Young & The Restless used to have this opening...


God, I miss those^^^ days!

Anyway, I want to create my own soap opera. 

Soap operas are basically stories. In fact, many of the people I know who watch soap operas still refer them as "stories." Soap operas started on radio. When television became popular soaps moved to that form of media. Soap operas, or stories, can be told in just about any form of media. I have decided to write my stories and deliver them via the written word. 

Here is the plan....

I plan to introduce my characters using the first person narrative. The characters will give you, the reader, their biography in their own words/voice. This introduction will be delivered to anyone interested in reading. I plan to post it on Amazon Kindle. It will be FREE.

Each week (sometimes it might be every two weeks) I plan to post a chapter on my premium content blog, Bowtie Lez. Chapters will be written in the third person. I only plan to use the first person narrative to introduce the characters. Otherwise, my stories will be told in the third person. Why? Because I don't like writing in the first person (especially if I have several characters, as will be the case). I prefer the third person. 

I think I will call my soap opera Delusions of Love. This might change.  

The setting will be Atlanta. 

Right now I only have two characters in my head. They are sisters (in fact they are identical twins). They are rich having inherited their father's black haircare and cosmetics company. They are both lesbians. They are also like oil and water. I've already decided these sisters will be the black female version of Kane and Abel.

That is the extent of development so far. 

Let me know what you think. Drop me an email or comment below. Your feedback is needed.
Related Posts with Thumbnails