Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sugar & My Health


Now that my home is cable free I have nothing but my thoughts to entertain me. I've been thinking about a lot of random shit that I wouldn't normally think about. Today while pouring syrup on my blueberry waffles, I started thinking about the sugar used in the syrup. 

Sugar is very powerfully. It is painfully addictive. I'm an addict. I love candy. I know it's not good for me, but I eat it anyway because I like the taste of it.

Sugar has the ability to change the temperament of children and adults. It has the ability to make folks obese and overweight. It has the ability cause a number of health related issues. Sugar is so powerful that I believe it should be declared a drug.

With all the issues associated with sugar I wonder why the hell isn't it declared a drug?

Because white folks control it, and they are making a shit load of money from sugar addicts like me!

It's true! Sugar is a billion dollar business. It is a gold mine. We use sugar in alot of stuff. The powers that be will never think about public health when faced with the opportunity to generate billions of dollars. 

All this got me thinking...
What would happened if someone just stopped eating sugar? 

I imagine their health and mood would improve. They would probably lose a ton of weight. They would probably lose their minds as well. 

I'm not sure if it's possible to just weed one's self off sugar. I believe we are so accustomed to it that we would literally go crazy without it.

I'm so fascinated with this topic that I've decided to stop eating sugar for a year. I want to see what effect it will have on me, my mind and my body.

I'm going cold turkey. 

Tomorrow I will begin my journey, and for one whole year I will NOT eat or drink anything containing sugar. 

To keep my eyes on the prize, I have created a countdown clock, which I have placed in the sidebar. 

Wish me luck on this experiment.
Related Posts with Thumbnails