Thursday, August 1, 2013

Important Information For Subscribers of This Blog!


It was recently brought to my attention that Google has dropped Google Reader. Why? I don't know.

This has seriously screwed up my numbers! Fifty-six of you were subscribing to my blog using Google Reader.

People on the internet are saying Feedburner is about to disappear too. For this reason I have switched feed services. I now use FEEDPRESS to syndicate my blog. 

So, what does this mean for you? It means you have to resubscribe to my blog to continue receiving it via email, browser, or reader. 

I have made it easy for you...

For those of you who subscribe via email, you don't have to do anything. I imported your email addresses to the new feed. You will automatically receive blog notifications just like before with Feedburner. You may have received a link from another feed service called FEEDCAT. Disregard that link. I was testing the service to see how it works. I decided to go with FeedPress instead.

If you were using a reader other than Google Reader, delete your old subscription. You can resubscribe using the same reader, but you will need to do so by clicking the "Subscribe" button embedded in the email subscription box in the right sidebar.

If you were using Google reader, you will need to pick another reader. Use the "Subscribe" button embedded in the email subscription box in the right sidebar.

If you were using a web browser (i.e., Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Opera) you will need to resubscribe. Delete the old subscription/bookmark and create a new subscription the SAME way you created the old subscription. It is the same process...just delete the old subscription and create a new subscription. 

Tomorrow at noon I am going to delete my Feedburner feed. It is important that you resubscribe using FEEDPRESS. Once I delete the Feedburner feed you will no long get updates to this blog (i.e., my new posts) through Feedburner. So, jump ship immediately!
Related Posts with Thumbnails