Sunday, July 21, 2013

My Thirst For Knowledge


I miss being a librarian. 

I am looking to get back into my field because I miss being around books and acknowledge. I have a thirst for knowledge that seems to grow deeper as I age. I literary carry around 2-3 books everywhere I go and most of these books are historical in nature (i.e., the history of HBCUs, deceased self-made black millionaires etc).

I'm no Henry Louis Gates, but I do consider myself somewhat of an intellectual. I have a desire to learn all the time. I'm constantly reading books on a variety of subjects, and I'm constantly self-educating myself. I'm a huge fan of African American history and historical fiction. For this reason, along with my thirst for knowledge, I have decided to create another blog. 

My new blog will be a place where I can examine books, history and social issues concerning the black community. It will be a black history blog full of facts about black history. The name of my new blog will be The New Kneegrow.

The New Kneegrow will be a self-hosted wordpress blog on the hosting account I currently have for Mahogany Mystique.

I have tons and tons of African American history books and almanacs. These books are huge. I spent hundreds of dollars on these books (not all at once...over time). I have yet to read through any of these books. I figure I can pull facts from these books and research them for my new blog. That will satisfy my thirst for knowledge.

I need this in my life. I have so many things that flow through my mind about black history, the condition of black Americans, racism, white supremacy, Africa etc. I need a space just for those thoughts. 

Let me know what you think about this idea.
Related Posts with Thumbnails