Sunday, July 14, 2013

I Fucking Quit This Blog!


As of today I quit this blog! 

I am so hurt and disappointed right now. Why? Let me explain...

I poured my heart, soul, time and money into Mahogany Mystique under some misguided notion of "If you build it, they will come." 

They, in this situation, being all the lesbians of color who voted in THIS POLL and emailed me saying something along the lines of, "I think a forum is a good idea. I will happily participate!" I received quit a few emails from black women, young and old, saying the same thing. 

For two and half days, I slaved over every detail of the forum...and I do mean every detail. 

When I finally got the damn thing up and ready guess what happened? The chick's who said they would participate didn't show up!

I have yet to see a single thread (that wasn't created by me) appear on Mahogany Mystique. This pisses me off because my heart was in the right place.

I wanted to create an environment in which lesbians of color (specifically black lesbians) could chat, mingle, mix and get to know other lesbians of color just like themselves. After the whole ordeal with the web designer, I was so excited by this idea. I was motivated and driven. I said to myself, "I'm going to create the GOAT forum for lesbians of color."

Instead of getting the above, this is what I got...

Lesbians of color: *crickets*

I'm hurt and I'm incredibly disappointed. 

I should have known better. Black folks just don't support each other in this world. That's just the way it is...and I should have known better....lesson learned. So, I'm out!

I won't post another blog on this blog until I see some progress/commentary on Mahogany Mystique

I'm taking my ass to Africa. I'm going to sit on my ass and grow rich writing books.

Y'all be easy! 
Related Posts with Thumbnails