Monday, June 10, 2013

My Plans For Mahogany Mystique!


Mahogany Mystique is my baby. Well, right now she is a baby who hasn't been born. She is still resting in the womb. I planted my seed and a life was created! Now I'm anxiously awaiting the birth of my child!

I'm so excited about the birth of my child!

I swear, I am going to be a good, loving and devoted parent to my child! I already have big plans for her. 

My baby's name, Mahogany Mystique, came to me in a dream. I liked the name so much that I woke up and immediately wrote it down. The name has flare, style and to me it symbolizes the very idea behind the creation of Mahogany Mystique.

For those of you who don't know, Mahogany Mystique is my soon to be launched website devoted to literature for lesbians of color by lesbians of color. With this venture, I'm hoping to attract lesbians of color who don't mind sharing their fiction, non-fiction, erotica, novellas, and poetry to the world and other lesbians of color.

I am looking forward to finally putting all my freaky sexual fantasies on blast. I am going to enjoy writing erotica starring the women in my life, and the big booty chick I saw walking to the gym at my apartment complex. There is going to be a lot of fucking going on in my imagination!

I also plan to show a little bit more of my tender side. I'm going to publish the Black Lesbian Love Story I want to read on Mahogany Mystique. I plan to publish romance and fairy tales as well. 

I want readers to read Mahogany Mystique and fall head over heels in love with the concept and the website. When people think of the written word, and lesbians of color, I want them to think of Mahogany Mystique

There is something else I'm hoping to accomplish with Mahogany Mystique...


I'm hoping to make Friday's Strawberry Letter day on Mahogany Mystique!

This idea first came to me over a year ago. I was listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Steve Harvey and his co-host were discussing a Strawberry Letter that a listener emailed the show. They offered the listener some advice.

From my understanding, most Strawberry Letters are about relationships, love, romance and family. I started thinking someone should create a "Strawberry Letter" platform for lesbians (particularly black lesbians).

Wouldn't it be great if you could anonymously email your issues and get feedback from others? I think it would be awesome!

Some of you already email me for feedback and advice concerning your issues.

I'm not going to lie. Some of the shit I read have me looking like...


And then I sit and struggle to come up with the right words to say!

It would be nice if I could forward some of these emails to a wider audience and allow them to comment on the situation.

So, Mahogany Mystique's Strawberry Letter Fridays is coming!

Every Friday (hopefully) I will post a new Strawberry Letter on Mahogany Mystique, and it will be FREE (no charge) to read and comment. This will be a good way to bond with other lesbians and form a community around the website.

For those of you who are interested in the opportunity to get advice on your issues, you can start emailing your Strawberry Letters right now!

Even though the website is not up and running yet, I have created an email account for Strawberry Letters. You can start emailing your letters to:

strawberryletters@mahoganymystique.com

***Be as detailed as possible about your situation. Avoid providing personal information. Please protect the privacy and identity of yourself and those involved in the situation.***

Tell your friends about it! Share this post with everyone you know! 

Fridays...it's going down!
Related Posts with Thumbnails