Monday, June 24, 2013

Dreams & Goals

I am a big dreamer. I want so much out of life. I've always been a dreamer (and honestly...aren't most writers dreamers?). Even when the odds were stacked against me I had big dreams and plans for my future. Most black people I run across are surprised by my dreams for the future. Just about every woman who has entered my life has called me a "dreamer." Some of these people believe I need to be more practical while others are impressed by my ambition. 

Sometimes I get discouraged. It is really hard to stay motivated sometimes when you're constantly surrounded by negativity. This negativity can appear on television, radio, print and even your own damn family. It takes a strong person to overcome all the bullshit life throws at them to achieve their dreams. 

Next, week I will be 28 years old and it's hitting me like a ton of bricks. 

The one area of my life that I would like to achieve some success is my personal life. I would like to commit myself to ONE woman and hopefully marry her. Out of all the dreams I have this is probably the most challenging. Not because I'm afraid of commitment (the opposite is true). Instead, I find myself put off by the flock of black lesbians I encounter here in Atlanta (the word "stereotypical" is truly too kind!). 

I don't feel like going into a rant about the hoodrats of Atlanta. That is not the purpose of this blog. Instead, I want to know more about YOUR dreams and goals. Are you where you thought you would be at this point in your life? Have your dreams come true? Are your dreams and goals a work in progress? Take time out of your day to complete this short ANONYMOUS survey....CLICK HERE

**Note: I might share the results of this survey on my blog. Remember, this survey is anonymous so you can be honest. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails