Friday, May 3, 2013

My New Eyesglasses & A Business Opportunity

Today I went to the eye doctor. The doctor told me the problem is my right eye. Apparently, the cornea (or maybe she said the lens...I can't remember which one) is oval and that's not supposed to be the case. The doctor told me it comes from reading and staring at a computer (damn, damn, damn!).  

The doctor told me I have 20/30 vision, which according to her is still good. I don't have to walk around with my glasses on all day. I just need to use them when I'm reading and staring at my computer. 

Can I be honest and admit that I look like a big-headed nerd with my glasses? Yes, I'm serious. 

I have a big ass head and I look super awkward with eyeglasses (or maybe it will take some time for me to get used to them).

The people at Lenscrafters managed to convince me to buy two pairs of eyeglasses (well I didn't buy them...insurance covered one pair and the bank, my employer, took care of the other pair). One pair is more for style (yeah right!) and the other is more conservative. Either way, I'm not really feeling my eyeglasses at the moment. I guess I will have to get used to them because I'm stuck with eyeglasses for life unless I decide to undergo some type of corrective surgery (not likely to happen). 

I might invest in a pair of Cazals and call it a day...

Next...

My last post about Lesbians Who Have Never Been With A Woman got me thinking about creating some type of forum for black lesbians. I've been on a few forums and I think they are a great way for people to meet and mingle. Let's face it...some of us need help mingling. I'm interested in mingling myself because the single life really sucks. So, I'm looking into the pros/cons of creating a forum. 

I can already tell you, the cost associated with creating a REAL forum is off putting. So, I don't suspect it will be a free forum. Perhaps it will require a $10.00 subscription fee, which I think is more than reasonable. Anyway, let me know what you think about the idea. I won't even think about doing it without adequate support from black lesbians. 

If I create a forum and charge a $10.00 membership fee will you participate? Hit the comment section with your answer.
Related Posts with Thumbnails