Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I'm Leaving Atlanta...The Sooner The Better


I'm leaving Atlanta. There isn't anything keeping me here. I've made up my mind about it. Right about now I'm feeling like the woman who's voicemails I put on blast a few months ago. "Atlanta ain't brought me nothing but heartache anyway..." Yeah I feel you, which is why I'm ready to chuck the dueces too.

Today a recruiter from a school in Savannah, Georgia contacted me about a position I applied for a few weeks ago. The position is perfect for me. The position is a library manager position in an academic library.

I can already picture myself sitting on the patio of my beachfront apartment with my typewriter or word processor typing away at my next bestseller. I can see myself growing old in a place like Savannah. I can see myself buying a home there and raising a family in the area. I guess we will have to wait and see how this plays out.

Side note: Happy birthday to one of the greatest soul singers to ever live...Marvin Gaye. Even though I was born in 1985, a year after he was killed, I still play his music religiously like a true fan. I love him dearly...



Related Posts with Thumbnails