Monday, April 29, 2013

Facing The Inevitable

I'm facing the inevitable. Today I made an appointment with an eye doctor. On Friday, he will tell me what I already know: I need eyeglasses.

In the last year my vision has rapidly deteriorated. I don't know if this is due to all the reading I do or because I stare at a computer 8-10 hours a day. However it happened, there is no denying that my vision has gone straight to hell. 

I first become aware of this problem when I was sitting at my desk typing on my word processor. I remember looking up at the clock on my stove, which is about ten feet from my desk, and struggling to read the time. I blinked several times, but I was still unable to make out the time on the clock.

I remember thinking to myself, "Damn...I used to read this clock so good. What the hell is going on?"

Finally, I picked up my cell phone and checked the time using it. 

I can't say I'm surprised. Both my parents wear eyeglasses and so does my little brother. I guess this was bound to happen to me at some point.

So, Friday I will be visiting the eye doctor. I already picked out a pair of eyeglasses I like. I'm planning to buy the DKNY eyeglasses pictured above. I think they will look good on me.
Related Posts with Thumbnails