Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Be Apart Of This Study About Black Lesbians...


Yesterday a doctorate candidate emailed me about a research study she is conducting about black lesbians. Normally I would ignore this type of email, but curiosity got the best of me. I support the black intellectual community. God knows we need more black scholars. We also need more information about us (black lesbians), our issues and our struggles. 

This woman is looking for black lesbians to participate in her study. I agreed to advertise her study. She promised to provide me a copy of the completed study so that I can share the results on my blog. Here is the information you need to participate in the study...

Hello,   
My name is Morenike Oshi-Ojuri, and I am a doctoral candidate of clinical psychology at John F. Kennedy University, Pleasant Hill, CA. As a part of my dissertation research, I am interested in the experiences of African American lesbian women, and how these multiple identities have impacted their experience of social privilege and or denigration. I am currently looking for participants in a confidential, quantitative study on this topic.
If you choose to participate, you will be asked to recall categorical incidences of implicit discrimination and rate whether you’ve experienced these incidences, and whether or not these experiences have had any emotional impact. My motivation is to contribute more culturally competent research in the clinical field for the African American lesbian population. By participating in this study, you may have the opportunity to influence the provision of culturally responsive healthcare in African American lesbian populations.

Participation is voluntary and confidential, and you may withdraw from the study any time prior to its completion. You’ll know you are a good fit for the study if you endorse the following participant inclusion criteria below:

a)
   In my daily life, I identify as a woman.

b)
In my daily life, I identify as African American or Black.

c)
  In my daily life, I identify as Lesbian.

d)
I am at least 18 years old.

If you or someone you know fit such criteria and might be interested in participating, please feel free to contact me by email at mfoojuri@gmail.com or by simply following this link http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/microstudy . (link to study)  
You time is much appreciated,
Morenike F. Oshi-Ojuri, M.A.
Doctoral Candidate  of Clinical Psychology
School of Graduate and Professional Studies
John F. Kennedy University | Pleasant Hill, CA
Related Posts with Thumbnails