Sunday, March 31, 2013

Love Letters: Do People Still Write Them?


Do people still write love letters? Have we completely given up handwritten letters in exchange for emails, text messages and other less personal means of communication? Did love letters go out the window with courting?

I might be one of the few people in the world who still writes handwritten love letters. I've declared my love on paper to every woman I've ever loved. I've written love letters to women I've loved from a distance. I've written love letters to women who made it clear that my love was unrequited. I've written love letters to teachers I crushed on in elementary school. Love letters are a big part of my life. 

I have a desire to write a love letter to a woman who has stolen my heart. She's already made it clear that my love is unrequited so it's probably pointless to write the letter. I doubt my declaration of love on paper will change her feelings toward me. There is so much I want to say to her. I express myself better on paper than I do verbally. A big part of me hopes she will be receptive to my feelings if I express them respectfully.
Related Posts with Thumbnails