Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"Sexuality Is Fluid" Translation: "I'm Bisexual Or Bicurious"

It's always interesting when I hear someone say, "Sexuality is fluid." From experience, people who believe this nonsense and say it are typically bisexual, bicurious or confused as hell. Because bisexuality is stigmatized these folks go around saying, "Sexuality is fluid" as if people cannot read between the lines. 

Sexual orientation is a black and white issue. You're either gay, straight or bisexual. I don't believe true heterosexuals and true homosexuals believe sexuality is fluid. We don't feel a desire to go against our sexual orientation. We don't suddenly switch teams. You won't catch us saying sexuality is fluid.  I avoid dating people who believe sexuality is fluid. In the back of my mind I'm thinking, "Your sexuality might be fluid...but mine sure as hell is not."

The idea behind "sexuality is fluid" is this: You can be attracted to people...rather than gender and sexual orientation can change over the course of one's life. 

I call bullshit all the way around because I am not attracted to dick! As a lesbian, I don't desire nor think about a man because he has a dick. His gender impacts my ability to find him attractive. I'm sure it's the same for true heterosexuals. I highly doubt straight men sit around thinking other men are attractive in a sexual way.

What do you think? Is sexuality fluid?
Related Posts with Thumbnails