Sunday, February 24, 2013

Other Black Lesbian Blogs

 
I read a lot of blogs. I read news blogs, entertainment blogs, gossip blogs, fitness blogs etc. Blogs are my go to source for almost all my information needs. Next to books, blogs are my favorite things to read. I would rather browse the internet for blogs than watch television. That's how invested I am in blogs. With that said, I'm very disappointed in the quality of black lesbians blogs currently on the Internet. 

While updating my blog today, I did a Google search for "black lesbian blogs" with the hope of adding some of these blogs to my blog list. I discovered that my blog is number one in that search (hand clap for me) and it's pretty much in a league of its own in terms of quality and content. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but that's honestly what I discovered. 

There aren't that many black lesbian blogs on the Internet. The few that are out there give the following impressions: 
  • The author chose to be gay.
  • The author is weird as hell (not to be confused with bohemian).
  • The author is experimenting.
  • The author would like to be with a man if only she were more attractive. 
  • The author lacks self-esteem, social skills and a whole list of other traits that are imperative for a grown woman wishing to find a mate. 
  • In some cases, the author tends to be a walking stereotype of black lesbianism.
As I read through some of these blogs I kept asking myself how do you 'go gay'? At what point does one decide to be gay? If you were sleeping with men doesn't that make you bisexual? These were the questions that popped into my head after reading the titles of their blogs and their blog post.

It is very disappointing to be on an island by myself. I've become the GOAT of black lesbian blogs. I've become a token representation of educated, progressive, thought-provoking, black lesbians. While I'm flattered to hold such a distinction, I don't want to be alone on the island. I would like to add some black lesbian blogs to my blogroll, but apparently like black lesbian books and entertainment, quality black lesbian blogs are damn near non-existent.

Sigh...I guess I will keep searching. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails