Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Date With My Girlfriend


Today Yellow Bone and I went to see Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 and I must say I REALLY enjoyed the movie! It was good. I loved everything about it. I only recently got into the Twilight Saga and it's very addictive. I wish we had this kind of entertainment when I was a teenager. Watching this film series and reading the books got me thinking...where are the BLACK teen love stories? 

I know black folks aren't into vampire romance novels. I can understand. We're used to vampires that want to suck our blood...not the type that want to fuck! So yeah I get it. However, it would have been nice if there was a series like this when I was growing up instead of Flyy Girl or The Coldest Winter Ever

As a young teenage girl, I wished I could read about HEALTHY black relationships. I wished there were black love stories like those written by Danielle Steel. I believe teenage girls need that type of reading material. Maybe if more young black girls had that type of reading material they would think about love...true love...and not just sex. Maybe they would even raise their standards and force these wayward black boys to step their game up.

I wonder if a black lesbian vampire romance novel would sell?

Anyway, Yellow Bone and I really enjoyed the film. She keeps telling me I should write the black lesbian love story I desire to read. It's definitely on my list of things to do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails