Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Standards


Recently a woman I thought was the love of my life (ha!) told me my standards are too high. She is not the first woman to tell me my standards are too high. Normally when a woman tells me that I write it off and say to myself, "Chick, my standards aren't too high...You're just not up to par or potential wifey material." However, after this woman said it I did take a moment to think about it. 

I don't honestly think my standards are too high. If you've been paying attention to this blog I demand the following from the lady in my life:

  1. She MUST be childless.
  2. She MUST take care of herself and look decent/pretty and be ladylike. That means no sloppy fat chicks (I'm fine with a little weight as in big breast, slim waist and some thick thighs). This also mean NO hoodrats.
  3. I prefer a natural haired black woman however, this isn't necessary a must. I just can't stand weave that looks matted down, is multi-colored, or just looks awful. 
  4. She MUST have something going for herself in terms of a JOB or CAREER. It MUST be something we can possibly support a family on...so no dead end jobs. If she has a college education great!
  5. I expect my woman to know how to prepare a meal and have some domestic skills.
  6. I expect my woman to be mentally sane. THIS IS A MUST. Chicks who are dealing with issues from their past are not welcome in my life. I don't have time for the bullshit. 
  7. I like sex. I like sex a lot. She MUST like sex.
  8. She MUST have some sense of morality. I'm conservative and the older I get the more conservative I grow. 
  9. She MUST desire marriage and kids. 
  10. She MUST not be CONFUSED or BISEXUAL. She MUST know her sexuality.
I don't think I'm asking too much. I just don't think the majority of twenty something year old black women out here fit my standards. Numbers 1, 2, 3 and possibly 10 rule out the majority of black women I come across. I think that's the real issue. Very few black women I run across fit my ideal woman. Sixty years ago my ideal black woman was the COMMON black woman. Now she is an ODDITY. That's due to changes in cultural norms, society, morals and the downward spiral of the black community overall.

What do you think? Do you think my standards are too high? If so, post a comment below and be sure to hit the poll. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails