Wednesday, August 15, 2012

One Thing I Love About Yellow Bone


Tonight I came home pissed off at the world. Something happened to me today that really makes me almost hate black people in general...or maybe I should say NIGGAS. I don't feel like going into detail on this blog, but believe me I was REALLY REALLY REALLY upset. The one person in the world that was around to hear me rant was Yellow Bone. She silently listened as I ranted for over a half hour. Then she said what she often says to calm me down....

Yellow Bone: Baby, I love you. Just remember no matter what happens, no matter what you go through, I got your back. 

I held the phone in silence because I honestly didn't know what to say. I felt bad because this woman is clearly loyal to me, but for whatever reason I haven't been able to return the favor. The only thing I could say was, "Thank you." For a split second I even seconded guessed my decision to end things with her.

This is one thing I will miss about Yellow Bone. Come hell or high water she has always been there for me, which sets her apart from all the other women that have come and gone.
Related Posts with Thumbnails