Thursday, July 12, 2012

I'm Thinking About Attending Law School



I never thought I would say this, but I'm actually thinking about attending law school. If you've been paying attention, you should know I swore off law school after undergrad (though I graduated pre-law) and opted to get my Masters degree instead. When I received my Masters degree I swore off anymore school. I swore I was never going back. So what changed my mind?
  1. I'm not happy with my employment situation. I'm not hurting for money at the moment but if I ever hope to have a family I need MORE than what I'm bringing to the table. I can expect to make about 52k a year in my field, but that depends on my location. 
  2. Being a struggling writer is cool for just me, but it's not okay for my future family. Writing is my side hustle. It is a hobby that hasn't taken off yet.
  3. I'm not getting any younger. Yellow Bone (who also wants a family) told me if I'm ever planning to attend law school I need to make it happen now.
I'm going to take the LSAT and I'm going to apply to a few law schools in Georgia. If I don't receive a full paid scholarship I'm not going. I refuse to get into anymore student loan debt. The ONLY way I will attend law school is if everything is covered. 

To be continued...
Related Posts with Thumbnails