Friday, June 22, 2012

Let's Not Pretend Black Men Wouldn't Wear Them (Adidas Slave Shackle Shoes)


Black people really do kill me playing ignorant and claiming racism all the damn time. When I first heard about the controversy over Adidas's shackle shoes I didn't immediately think about slavery. I didn't think about black people. I didn't think about racism. Instead I thought: Those are some ugly ass shoes!

It wasn't until I began reading various blogs and listening to the radio that I learned the shoes were being called offensive to African Americans because they contained shackles. I have a few issues with this fake claim of offense (yeah I said it...what??).

First thing: I think we all know young African American men have no standards whatsoever when it comes to their dress code. After all, this is the group of men who introduced this look....



And this look...


I could very well see African American men walking around with shoes that include a pair of shackles. In fact, I'm partial to believe these shoes would have been a hit with black men if certain public figures had not voiced their concern.

African American men are mental slaves. They are gone. I don't think anyone can deny that reality. They would rock these shoes with a great sense of pride and we all know it. And if you have any doubts look at their music, entertainment and culture...


Yeah black men this day and age are fucking shameless!

Next thing....

With all the black on black crime, out of wedlock kids, fatherless homes, high unemployment rate, rampant STDs etc in the black community you would think black folks would protest all of the above first and foremost before crying and yelling over a pair of shoes they have the option of not buying. Not so....these slave shackle shoes brought out all the former "scream racism about any damn thing" heavyweights...



I swear sometimes I wonder if I was born in the wrong decade. I just cannot relate to most black people out here. I just can't...
Related Posts with Thumbnails