Monday, April 16, 2012

Not How I Imagined It

In a few short months I will be turning 27 years old (Cancers stand up!). I feel like I'm getting old. In three years I will be 30 years old. No wife. No kids. Nothing truly of meaning yet. At what point does that type of thing happen? I honestly thought it would happen early on for me. I've always been the romantic committed type. Yet my relationships with women have left much to be desired. 

Professionally, like personally, it's been a situation of hit and miss. Some career moves have been great. Others, like my current career move, have been a matter of "Shit I got bills to pay so I gotta swallow my pride and do what I gotta do." I am not where I want to be professionally. I think this is one of the hardest things to admit too because I see my friends from college graduating from law school, graduate school, medical school and jumping right into their dream jobs.

So what happens now?  I honestly don't know.

Life would be so much easier if I were partnered up and had that emotional support that comes from a committed partner. At least we could be building together and trying to make waves in this world together. Sigh...I got some things to think about.
Related Posts with Thumbnails