Friday, December 2, 2011

This Week I Completed My Masters Program...What Now?

This week I completed my masters program. While I feel accomplished that same old nagging voice that was in my head after undergrad has popped up again. That voice continues to ask what now? What are you going to do now?

The job market in the U.S. sucks. It sucked when I graduated from undergrad three years ago and it sucks now. The only difference is I now have a professional degree and I actually have a job in my field. However my job ain't paying the bills...at least not completely on its own. 

I currently live with a roommate and I'm moving out this month. My roommate was charging me a  SUPER cheap flat rate for everything (utilities etc). Sadly those days are coming to an end. My job pays decent but technically I'm considered part-time because I only work 35 hours a week instead of 40 (not my choice, but appropriate given the reality that I was a full-time student). Chances are I will end up rooming with another individual until I find either a second job or a better paying full-time job. On top of this I will have student loan companies breathing down my neck in six months. Shit sucks!

I'm thinking about making a clean break and moving overseas. I know I've talked about this before but now I'm serious. I want to relocate to Europe (France to be exact). The thought of change scares me but I don't think I could ever forgive myself if I didn't move to Europe and spend some time there while I'm young and childless. So once again my life is full of uncertainty.
Related Posts with Thumbnails