Saturday, September 26, 2009

Welcome II My World!


Sometimes life sucks! There is no easy way to say it and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to accept it. If you're black, female, and gay it probably sucks a little more at times for you than the next person. Being a triple minority in Vanilla America also makes you a third class citizen. It's a real kick in the teeth. Luckily, for some black lesbians like myself we can laugh, cry, and face most situation with the help of our humor. Believe me right about now my humor is the only thing I have keeping me from crying.

At the moment I'm a struggling artist (filmmaker and screenwriter) mooching off the nipples of my mother and father. In 2008 I became a college graduate, but unfortunately for me this country was just beginning to see the first signs of a recession. Companies went down, employment went up, and I haven't had a job since graduating from college. Deciding against any type of graduate school I decided to try and make it with my bachelor's degree and my talent. I learned a hard lesson: It's not what you have but often it's who you know. Since then I've been unwillingly freeloading my way through life.


Right now my number one dream is to create a quality web series about a group of minority lesbian friends living life in Atlanta. For the most part Asians, African Americans, and other non-white races of women are underrepresented in the LGBT community. The few web series that are trying to represent for minority women are full of sex, are cheaply produced, and lack quality dialogue driven storylines. Most often play right into stereotypes about lesbians (and African Americans). I want to change that, but like all good things this takes money (which I don't have at the moment).

So, to occupy my time and take my mind off more depressing manners I decided to start this blog. Hopefully it will serve as a way for me to freely express myself without the glare of disapproving eyes (though I doubt it). I hope to meet like-minded people all across the world. With all that said let me say welcome to my world!

P.S. This is my first blog so please bare with me as I learn the ropes.

-LezIntellect
Related Posts with Thumbnails